This website is supported through the Amazon Associate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases made through links on the site.
We briefly discussed the C.Scope EVO 6000 in an earlier article but a few more details have now emerged which paints a clearer picture of what we can expect.
First off the EVO 6000 will sit at the top of C.Scope’s range of detectors. They obviously do not feel a need to compete with Nokta Makro’s Simplex Plus or the Minelab Vanquish. No confirmed price yet but my guess is it will come in at around the £679 mark. If so that is a tough part of the market as it puts the machine squarely in competition with the XP Deus Lite and Minelab Equinox 600.
So what do we know now about the EVO 6000 that we didn’t know before?
- Superfast switch on and go. No tuning etc
- Main settings visible on screen at all times without delving into a menu.
- Detect and adjust at the same time.
- Manual and Auto Ground balance plus Auto Ground Track.
- Built-in LiPo rechargeable battery – Up to 3 days use on a single charge.
- Bluetooth APTX L built-in. Low latency, no delay. It comes with wireless headphones but any APTX L Bluetooth headphones can be used.
- USB C port for charging and software updates.
- Pinpoint – Single button press no need to hold.
- Currently, the control box is weatherproof but C.Scope hope to make it fully waterproof before launch.
- 2 Years Parts & Labour Warranty.
- Estimated launch last quarter of 2020.
This looks to be a great machine however it is being released at a time when the Minelab Vanquish is due to hit retail and if the pricing of the EVO 6000 is anywhere near the ballpark, the Vanquish will be half the price. The Nokta Makro Simplex will have also been out there for around six months and again it is half the estimated price of the EVO 6000.
C.Scope has always produced quality metal detectors and there will always be a market for a top of the range British manufactured machine like the EVO 6000. How well it performs? Watch this space!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.