This website is supported through the Amazon Associate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases made through links on the site.
It has been a long wait since the Nokta Simplex was first announced back in November 2018 but it is finally here!
Pre-Orders are now being taken at dealers around the world and estimated delivery is before the end of August. Although that could slip given the high demand.
If you look at the spec vs price it is easy to see how demand could outstrip supply.
- IP68 Fully submersible up to 3 meters (10 ft) and protected from total dust ingress.
- Frequency Shift – Get rid of EMI easily by shifting the frequency in small increments.
- Iron Volume – Turns off or adjusts the volume of the low iron tone.
- Notch Discrimination – Discriminates Target IDs of unwanted metals.
- Online Firmware Updates – Stay up-to-date with firmware updates (via USB on PC) and get the most out of your detector.
- Built-in Wireless Module – Compatible with 2.4 GHz Nokta Makro Green Edition Wireless Headphones.
- Vibration – SIMPLEX+ will vibrate upon detection of target! Ideal for the hearing impaired users as well as for detection underwater.
- Search Modes – All Metal / Field / Park / Beach
- Fabulous Lighting for Night & Underwater Use – SIMPLEX+ has it all – LCD Backlight, Keypad Backlight and LED Flashlight.
- Retractable Shaft – Shaft retracts down to 63 cm (25″). Great for easy transport, storage as well as diving!
- Lightweight (1.3kg / 2.9Ibs) – Well balanced – Enjoy detecting for extended hours without fatigue.
- Built-in Lipo Battery – Easily charge it with the supplied charger or a USB powerbank.
That is a lot of metal detector for very little money and I would not be surprised if sales of some current mid-range machines fell as a result.
The Simplex Plus seems to tick so many boxes that unless you are looking for a multi frequency machine there is every chance that you could buy the Simplex and not need anything else. I can see a situation where many detectorists buy one as a “back up”…and then end up using it as their main detector.
The question now is, do you actually “need” any other detector? Obviously if you specialise in such things as searching gold fields then there are machines more suited to those situations but for most detectorists I think the Simplex Plus will do everything you would need a detector to do. Taking the spec into account would you need any other machine? Let us know in the comments section below.
In the UK you can pre-order a Simple Plus from:
https://spinadiscmetaldetectors.com – Call the store for details.
More Info from: https://www.noktadetectors.com/
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.